Dress #7. Completed 4/26/12

Standard

Since I’m already starting to forget the individual trials and tribulations of my previous dresses, I’m going to try to record one from the beginning. Here’s me cutting pieces on my boyfriend’s floor because I’m too impatient to just wait until I’m home tomorrow in the comfort of my cutting-table-equipped basement.

This is a Simplicity 1880 from their Project Runway line. I’m using a nice big piece of polyester that looks like a good weight and drape for this pattern. Wish me luck…

20120421-203906.jpg

I’ve altered it so far in the cutting process by cutting it to roughly a 14 in the bodice pieces. The pattern stops at 12 but I’m improvising. I’m determined to get this bust situation in order.

Update 4/24:
Well, the bust is sort of okay, but I had my first major skirt failure. Somehow I managed to cut a size or so too small (That’s what I get for being impatient and cutting on the floor!) so I ended up with this

20120424-062328.jpg

Add game show failure music here–Wah-Wah-Wah-wahhhhhhhhhh.

I sort of improvised an additional front skirt panel but after a couple of slightly off bastings was just too disgusted to look at it anymore so no pic of that yet. It actually might be salvageable, but I just need to let it and me breathe for a day and get out my friend the seam ripper tonight.

I hope I have better luck with the sleeves. Sigh. Groan.

Update. 4/26

Well, it’s done. There are a trillion things wrong with it, but if I wear the right foundation garments and remember to suck in, I think I’ll pull it off.

20120426-193404.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s